I’ve been having major chocolate cravings as of late… I think this is indicative of something else lacking in my life! Regardless, chocolate and I have a bit of a love affair going on, so I’ve been indulging in creative explorations–just like in any good love affair. And this one was so good, I couldn’t even get a picture taken before it was half-eaten!
• 1 1/2 cups (180 g) almond flour
• 1/4 cup (25 g) unsweetened organic cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) coconut oil, melted
• 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
• Pinch course sea salt
Mix above ingredients well and press into glass pie pan.
• 1/2 cup (120 mL) coconut oil, melted (or mix ½ and ½ with almond butter)
• 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened organic cocoa powder (depending on your preference for “richness”)
• 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup (depending on your preference for sweetness)
• 4 whole eggs
• Pinch sea salt
Mix remaining ingredients and fill uncooked crust.
Top with a small handful slivered almonds.
Bake for 25 @ 350 degrees.
Let cool and serve… or enjoy warm and gooey with your lover!